Installation issues

Feb 4, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Hi,

I have downloaded and installed the version available on the website but it doesn't work properly.
I use win 7 enterprise 32 bit. Installation goes well and requests for the restart at the end however it never asks for login credentials.
The only program I am able to see is Configure Excel Refresher Service which enables me to set up folder to check as well as destination of copy of refreshed files.

I am not able to see any other options.

When I start the service from services.msc, it starts and stops immediately. I managed to change login credentials through properties of the service but it didn't help at all.

None of the executable files available in the installation folder seems to be working in terms of giving me full access.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Pawel
Feb 19, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Try this:
Open command prompt window and browse to C:\Program Files\Excel Refresher\
Then type RefreshExcel and press enter.
It will then show you usage examples.

In my case, I created a batch file to run it.
Apr 8, 2014 at 6:12 AM
Hi,

I tried to use in a prompt screen the RefreshExcel.exe, but I receive back this error message :

RefreshExcel - Refreshes data in an Excel workbook

Refreshing C:\data\DPMReporting\UpdateTests\SkillsReportV3.xlsx
Error: The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))
Error: The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))

Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentException: The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))
at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData)
at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.OLEDBConnection.get_BackgroundQuery()
at ExcelRefresh.Excel.ExcelUtilities.RefreshAll(Workbook workbook)
at ExcelRefresh.Excel.ExcelUtilities.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RefreshWorkbook>b__3(Workbook book)
at ExcelRefresh.Com.ComHelpers.<>c__DisplayClassa.<UsingWorkbook>b__8(Workbook workBook)
at ExcelRefresh.Com.ComHelpers.UsingCOM[T](T reference, Action1 doThis, Action1 thenFinally)
at ExcelRefresh.Com.ComHelpers.<>c__DisplayClassa.<UsingWorkbook>b__7(Application excelApp)
at ExcelRefresh.Com.ComHelpers.<>c__DisplayClass4.<UsingExcel>b__2(Application app, Process process)
at ExcelRefresh.Com.ComHelpers.UsingAutomationApp[T](T app, Func2 fnGethWnd, Action2 doThis)
at ExcelRefresh.Com.ComHelpers.UsingExcel(Action`1 doThis)
at ExcelRefresh.Excel.ExcelUtilities.RefreshWorkbook(String sourcePath, String saveToPath, String backupPath)
at RefreshExcel.Program.Main(String[] args)

I use Excel 2010 version 14.0.6129.5000
& PowerPivot 11.0.3000.0
Can anyone help ?

Thanks a lot

Calumet