Error on installation

Jan 6, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Hi,

During installation , i get the following message:

"Error 1001. An Exception occurred in the OnAfterInstall event handler of System.ServiceProcess.ServiceInstaller. --> Time out has expired and the operation has not been completed".

Would you know the reason ? 

Thanks

Idan

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:59 AM

I get the exact same error 

"Error 1001. An Exception occurred in the OnAfterInstall event handler of System.ServiceProcess.ServiceInstaller. --> Time out has expired and the operation has not been completed".

RD

Feb 13, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Hey,

I've got the same problem.
I'm working on office 2010, powerpivot 11.0.3000.0

Thx for your help
Feb 22, 2013 at 10:14 AM
I had the same problem and resolved this way:
1) Stopped the service and disabled it
2) From cmd prompt, deleted the service. The line is:
sc delete ServiceName
i may be wrong, but i think the name is ExcelRefresher
3) I manually deleted the install folder
4) I re-installed the service using "User Account" as account type and my User name WITH DOMAIN (it doesn't work in any other way).

However, I must warn you: this way everything seems to work: service running, no errors etc, but actually it does nothing. I have administrator privileges so no clue on what's missing...
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Edited Mar 7, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Hi - I'm seeing this problem and will get it sorted asap.

Francesco - you need to run the admin tool to configure folders for the service to monitor, and must follow the instructions about setting meta data on Excel files, otherwise the service won't refresh them.

Perhaps better news is that the current release (v1.5) includes a command line tool that you can control and schedule manually. The installation error definitely does not occur when installing the command line only, and you can easily schedule jobs to invoke the command line tool.
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2013 at 10:14 AM
So far this problem seems to be related to permissions on the machine on which the service is being installed.

While there's no resolution to the "Time Out" problem yet, step to avoid it:
  • Install on a Win 2008 R2 x64 server
  • Install service to run under a domain user account that has been granted the "log in as a service" permission.
Aug 14, 2013 at 3:56 PM
I have the same issue as reported by Francesco. Eveything seems fine, but the scheduler service does nothing, even though the meta data and folder config have been set up properly. I have also used by Domain account to run the service. I have no clue why nothing happens. Is there any debug/trace mode that would help ?